At Fortitudo we provide many first-time buyers and families with a new property however, moving house is a challenging task, but with careful planning, it can be simpler. Here are some tips for a stress-free move:
- Start now, as soon as you know you’re moving, plan what needs to be done and make a start ahead of time. Aim not to leave everything to the last minute.
- Don’t compromise on removals depending on your budget and the scale of your move, there are different removal options available. Get at least three different quotes and go with the one best suited to your move, rather than the cheapest. Check the insurance too, just in case anything goes wrong or is broken in transit.
- Start packing early, break packing down into achievable parts in good time and it will seem a lot less daunting. Alternatively, pay extra and get the removals company to do it all for you.
- Ikea bags are strong holding and are perfect for any odds and sods that are unnecessary to box up. Zipped laundry bags are good for moving linens, clothes and coats, shoes and other non-breakables.
- Label your boxes so it is easier to sort through the content, especially if some items are going into storage
- Check your furniture will fit through doors. Misjudging the size of entrances and turning room is a classic moving problem. Let the removals company know if you need a window removed or take a door off its hinges, and check they are insured to do it.
- Create a ‘room plan’ for your new home by drawing up a sketch of where the furniture will be placed in each room. You can always move it once in place but it saves time deliberating on the day.
- Keep wires organised if you have a multitude of wires going into one device, use sticky coloured tape or number each part to match to another.
- Pack an ‘essentials’ box with items in such as a kettle, tea, coffee, milk so you can unpack it first. Keep remote controls, phones, mobile phones chargers and any other essential items you are likely to lose in the same box so you know for sure where they are. Keep real valuables and important papers separately somewhere safe.
- Make your bed as soon as possible as you’ll appreciate it at the end of the day when you don’t have to do that ‘one more thing’ before you can sleep.
If you’re interested in the types of properties Fortitudo has to offer then visit our website at fortitudoproperty.com.
Warning: include(/index.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/9/d542973572/htdocs/app542974576/wp-content/plugins/social-share-button/includes/class-shortcodes.php on line 41
Warning: include(): Failed opening '/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php7.1') in /homepages/9/d542973572/htdocs/app542974576/wp-content/plugins/social-share-button/includes/class-shortcodes.php on line 41