Since the Brexit referendum has happened, the UK housing market has been experiencing some instability in certain areas. It has been facing major difficulties in the recent months in properties at the higher end of the spectrum and in certain geological areas. This, in turn, has resulted in uncertainty from buyers. Since 2016 the average price in the UK has gone up to over £220,000 per dwelling. Although this pricing has gone up between 2012 and 2017, the earnings growth hasn’t corresponded to this, making it extremely difficult for people to buy houses. Richard talks to us about 3 important aspects of the housing market that you could take advantage off.
A fixed rate mortgage might be the best option for you
• You remain stable for consecutive years.
• Can be used with buy-to-let properties too.
• More properties are being built and are expected to come to the market this year.
• First-time buyers can take advantage of schemes like Help to Buy to further augment choices.
Buy-to-let is still a viable option for investors
• Tax reforms left uncertainty for buy-to-let investors.
• Liverpool has increased in rents at 6.2% PA.
• Nottingham increased in rents at 6.2% PA.
• Cardiff increased in rents at 6% PA.
• Southampton increased in rents at 5.9% PA.
• Greater Manchester increased in rents at 5.9% PA.
• University towns remain a good place to invest in buy-to-let.
Affordable homes are available
• Local councils are working with private developers to make housing assessible for all.
• Shared ownership allows you to part-own or rent part of a home.
• Government schemes including Help to Buy.
• Areas such as the west of the UK are cheaper to live.
• Stamp duty has been abolished for first-time buyers if the property they are buying is less than £300,00.
Warning: include(/index.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/9/d542973572/htdocs/app542974576/wp-content/plugins/social-share-button/includes/class-shortcodes.php on line 41
Warning: include(): Failed opening '/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php7.3') in /homepages/9/d542973572/htdocs/app542974576/wp-content/plugins/social-share-button/includes/class-shortcodes.php on line 41